Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Thida

 Thida Mony has been a student at Goldstone of HWW since the beginning and she is currently in the 11th grade. Both of her parents work at the Sihanouk Hospital center of Hope. Her mother is a cleaner and her father works at the warehouse and does security. Her father is also struggling with a severe case of diabetes. Currently, they are raising a family of six girls. Thida is the third oldest and one of four that attend Goldstone.
 She has been a student in my class for the past year and half and has been a joy the entire time. Despite any financial difficulties that she might face, she has maintained a steadfast attitude toward her studies.
Here is a letter that she wrote that expresses a little bit more of what she would like to do in the future and her gratitude for your donations.

Hello! My name is THIDA MONY. I’m 18 years old, and I live in Phnom Penh. I study at Goldstone School. I’m in grade 11. I have six sisters. I’m the third one. My older sister is working. She’s a seller. My second sister graduated and is waiting to go to a university. I live with my parents. My mother works at HOPE hospital. She’s a cleaner. My father works at a warehouse in that hospital too. I have been a Christian for two years. I love to serve the church and join bible studies.  I love reading books, listening to music, playing sports and swimming. I also like to search the internet. In the future I am not sure what I would like to do.  I either want to be a doctor of medicine, but I also love fashion design. 
I’m so grateful for your support. I hope that my dream to go to a University will come true. I want to help my family to live a better life. I will study hard. I want to have a good job. I want to help my family and my country. I’m really excited for any of the opportunities that will come. Thank you for your heart and your love to support me.  I hope that you will have a great and successful life and that God will bless you and your family. 
                                                                                        Thida Mony



No comments:

Post a Comment